Friday, February 11, 2011

Dance,Dance,Dance

This is my sweet boy Parker.Wow, has he grown up on me!!! Tonight, he went to the Valentine's Dance at school. I'm surprised he wanted to go;he typically doesn't like things like this but a friend convinced him to go and I'm glad they did!It doesn't seem like he should old enough to go to dances but he is. This dance is only for the 7th and 8th grade classes and it's held at the gym at the middle school.It's the same gym I went to my dances at in high school before they made the high school the middle school and the middle school the high school(long story). I think its neat and special(I don't think he cares:)). The dances don't last as long as I remember them lasting , this one was from 7:00 till 9:30. I had to sign a permission slip for him to buy a ticket ! I never had to do that! His ticket was$7.00. I wish I could remember how much ours were, I think $5.00.It was semi-formal and they encouraged the boys to wear ties.My son said "No Way!" and even refused to wear the button down I had ironed for him.Little Stinker!But he looked nice in his polo shirt so I guess I can't complain. He said he had a good time and now he needs a girlfriend because all his friends have one. I know I'm NOT ready for that!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment